Monday, October 17, 2011

Worst World Series. Ever.

Hope your case of the Monday's isn't too bad. Today, we look at the World Series from whatever point of view I feel necessary. In my eyes, this is about as uninteresting of a World Series as it gets. Literally, terrible. Texas and St. Louis.

MY LOGIC:
--How many people outside of the Dallas/Fort Worth/Ballpark at Arlington are Texas Rangers fans? I'll tell you. 12. Very few people actually care about the Rangers as a team. Sure, the Josh "Nobody Seems to Care that I likely used Steroids" Hamilton story is a "great story".  And the Rangers have one of the Brothers Molina (I believe Benjie "Monkey Boy" Molina is down there). But seriously, Baseball will always be second fiddle to Football in baseball. Fans don't really care about baseball down in Texas.

--Small markets will be an issue here. As discussed above, the Rangers fan base really doesn't spread too far. The Cards market spreads a bit further than that of Texas, but generally fans are older, because they remember the glory days of Stan "The Man" Musial. These fans can't make it past 9pm, which is an issue when it comes to watching games. The Rangers market, according to Baseball Almanac, is about 5 million people. The Cards is about 2.5 million people. A total of 7.5 million people. There are 8 teams who have a market larger than the Rangers and the Cardinals COMBINED. While not the smallest possible 2011 World Series (that belongs to the ever thrilling series of Tampa Bay and Milwaukee), it's definitely one of them.

--Am I biased? Totally. Will I still watch? Maybe a bit. I do believe that St. Louis will come out on top, led by Albert "Get your finger out of my" Pujols and Chris "If I Were A" Carpenter. Cards in 6.

By the way, the last two teams I cheered for in playoff series (The Yanks and the BrewCrew) both lost.

Pretty interesting article from the guys over at The Yankees Analysts here. Check it out if you get a chance.

Go Cards

No comments:

Post a Comment